Wednesday, July 20, 2011

David Tennant and Catherine Tate!

This month is running past quickly. I've been being miserable, which always cuts down on communication in all forms. Thankfully I have amazing friends and there have been exciting happenings...

I went to see David Tennant and Catherine Tate in Much Ado About Nothing and it was Fantastic!!! Utter genius. The play is brilliant anyway, though I've only ever seen the film version with Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh. I love love love David Tennant anyway, especially when paired with Catherine Tate. They just bounce off each other so well.

It was brilliantly funny. Genuinely had the whole theatre laughing from start to finish. Except when they did the sad and serious bits. I was impressed with how the two of them changed the tone, from comedy to real emotion. I haven't seen Catherine Tate do much 'serious' acting but when she does it is genius. DT was his usual incredibly energetic self. I wonder what he's like off stage, because on stage he really does exude a kind of manic energy. He is as beautiful in life as he is on tv, and possibly even skinnier (which I like in a man ;)).

The show was set in the 80s, complete with Diana-style wedding dress and various other monstrosities of fashion. Clearly the best was DT dressed in mini skirt with leggings and some weird crop top over fish net. I wish it was filmed so I could go back and watch it again, several times! I guess that's the thing of the theatre - which you forget when all you watch is films - the whole thing is so incredibly transitory. In a world full of films and recordings, you forget that most of life isn't something you can play back. I went to see Harry Potter 7.2 last night, and at the end I knew that I'd see that film again, many times. Somehow it makes you work less hard to appreciate it at the time, knowing you can go back to it.

Here endeth my little (and badly written) foray into the world of pondering. Mayhap I will try harder to live in the moments that come. I'm going to walk round to my sister-in-laws in a minute and go hang out with her and my lovely niece. She's nearly two, which is just crazy! How did she get so old?!

Today is my day off - though I did still wake up at 5! I did manage to sleep til 8 though, and all I have planned for the afternoon is to cook the fruitcake (middle) tier of my friend's wedding cake. It is somewhat overdue, but will still have a couple of weeks to mature. Whilst it cooks for the 4-5 hours that it takes, I shall do an equally overdue clean of my flat. It looks like the misery is lifting, and I shall return to a happier phase of being.

PS. I think I may have cracked the brownie question - to be posted soon

No comments: