Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I got a new job!

Hoorah, I got the job!!!! Only one day left (on Monday), with my induction for my new bakers job on Saturday-Sunday. So now I have two lovely days off, thank you royalty for existing and getting married. Just need to make a Mickey Mouse cake now. Big cakes are always a bit hectic, so many eggs! Such large mixing bowls required - I swear my arm muscles are going to get bigger. It has now cooked beautifully and gone into the freezer for easy icing tomorrow. I bought a new variable size tin which is handy!


I was reading the Pioneer Woman's blog today, very fun. Well worth reading. And it got me thinking if anyone actually reads this? I'm have no idea whether or not it is worth reading, does it provide any entertainment value? But I like blogs that tell you about people and cake, because I like people and cake. So that's what I shall aim to do. 

Tomorrow I'm going to ice my mickey mouse cake. Tonight, the plan is to make Mickey Mouse to put on top of said cake. Here's where my (rather sketchy) artistic ability comes to the fore. I do have a picture so I can at least trace the outline…. I'm going to be rolling some very thin bits of black icing. I do think that black icing tastes and smells rather unpleasant so I shall only use it in very small quantities. 

Mayhap I shall go to bed soon. But I did promise myself to make at least some headway with Mickey - if I can make his head that would be good ;) faces are always the hardest. 

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks to anyone who reads this!

No comments: